ORTEX is a start-up that provides provide financial information and insights to institutions and private investors. We are now looking to expand our development team with a Python Developer. We are looking for someone who likes to work in an agile environment and has experience with Python and PostgreSQL.
What you will be doing
- Being an integral part to the team that creates the engine to power our next-generation user interface
- Helping define the technical approaches for API and back-end development
- Unit testing, test automation and debugging
- Designing and improving modifications to the existing system, new offerings and internal systems
- Exploring and finding better ways to get value from the huge amount of data that we have
- Taking part in feature development from early planning stages all the way to test and release.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create and maintain features in our applications.
Who you are
Our ideal candidate is a Python developer, who has worked with PostgreSQL or other SQL database and, ideally, Django.
- 1+ years experience with developing robust, efficient, secure and readable Python code
- You should be analytically minded, a problem solver, someone that can’t rest before it’s figured out
- You are used to working with large datasets and ensuring that any solution can scale
- You know how to build RESTful APIs
- Experience with working with multi-threaded processes
- Experience in building financial products or an interest in finance
- Experience of Django, especially with Pytest testing of Django apps would be beneficial
What we expect from you
We want someone to join our small team that can take a brief and run with it. Make your own decisions and work collaboratively when the best solution isn’t clear, or you have better ideas to put forward. We want someone who can write fast, secure code that will support our business but pay close attention to maintainability and efficiency.
ORTEX is a fintech start-up with its head office in London. For the last four years, we have been providing financial institutions and private investors with data and analysis for the financial markets.