ORTEX is a start-up that provides financial information and insights to institutions and private investors. We are now looking to expand our development team with a Front-End Developer. We are looking for someone who likes to work in an agile environment and has experience with TypeScript, CSS and React.
What you will be doing
- Being an integral part to the team that creates the next generation user interface
- Helping define the technical approach for UI development
- Design new interfaces and improve existing ones
- Building responsive UI with front end frameworks
- Exploring and finding better ways to visualise data
- Taking part in feature development from early planning stages all the way to test and release.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create and maintain features in our applications.
Who you are
Our ideal candidate is a front-end developer, who has worked with React and other front-end frameworks and is, of course, fluent in HTML5, CSS3 and JS ES6.
- Good experience within front-end development and React.
- You know how to build user-friendly interfaces
- Experience with working with charting frameworks and data visualisation
- A good feeling of what looks good, a creative mind
- Experience in building financial products or an interest in finance
- Python, Linux or AWS experience would be an added bonus
What we expect from you
We want someone to join our small team that can take a brief and run with it. Make your own decisions and work collaboratively when the best solution isn’t clear, or you have better ideas to put forward. We want someone who can make numbers, charts and data look beautiful and create a user interface that’s a joy to use.
ORTEX is a fintech start-up with its head office in London. For the last three years we have been providing financial institutions and private investors with data and analysis for the financial markets.