ORTEX provide financial information and insights to institutions and private investors. We are now looking to expand our development team with a DevOps Engineer. We are looking for someone who likes to work in an agile environment and has experience with Python and PostgreSQL.
What you will be doing
- Being an integral part of the team that creates the engine to power our next-generation user interface
- Develop monitoring systems, metrics and processes to ensure all is well
- Unit testing, test automation and debugging
- Designing and improving modifications to the existing system
- Setting up CI and CD systems
- Ensuring the security of production environments
- Capacity planning to both cater for sudden growth and to control costs
Who you are
Our ideal candidate is a DevOps Engineer, who has worked with GitLab, AWS, Postgres and, ideally, Django.
- 1+ years experience with developing Python code and testing, preferably with PyTest
- GitLab CI and CD experience
- Confident in Git
- Some experience with monitoring systems
- Database experience, preferably Postgres or other SQL
What we expect from you
We want someone to join our small team that can take a brief and run with it. Make your own decisions and work collaboratively when the best solution isn’t clear, or you have better ideas to put forward. We want someone who can write fast, secure code that will support our business but pay close attention to maintainability and efficiency.
ORTEX is a fintech start-up with its head office in London. For the last four years, we have been providing financial institutions and private investors with data and analysis for the financial markets.