ORTEX is a start-up that provides financial information and insights to institutions and private investors. We are now looking to expand our team with a Quantitative Analyst. We are looking for someone with a quantitative mindset and an education or background in financial modelling and data science.
What you will be doing
- Being an integral part of the team that creates financial predictive models based on a wealth of financial data
- Research and backtesting of systematic trading strategies
- Develop alpha signals for equities, ETFs, futures, options, FX and cryptocurrencies.
- Create statistical models to categorise securities
Who you are
Our ideal candidate is a financial quantitative analyst with experience in equities and excellent Python skills:
- Master or PhD in mathematics, computer science or engineering or another related technical degree
- Excellent Python coding skills with experience working with Pandas, NumPy, SciPy and TensorFlow
- You should be analytically minded, a problem solver, someone that can’t rest before it’s figured out
- You have experience working with financial data, and a keen interest in financial markets
- Innovative, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
What we expect from you
We want someone to join our small team that can take a brief and run with it. Make your own decisions and work collaboratively when the best solution isn’t clear, or you have better ideas to put forward. We want someone who can research a solution, validate it and present a way forward to the broader team.
ORTEX is a fintech start-up with its head office in London. For the last four years, we have been providing financial institutions and private investors with data and analysis for the financial markets.